Friday, August 23, 2013

Buzzing With Cuteness Bee Day Cookies!

It's my birthday!
At least it was earlier this month. I always leave our birthday cards up on the fireplace mantle for the entire month. I love the thought of someone taking the time out to choose a card just for me...especially those that include handwritten notes. They're all my favorites..whether from family or friends. Cards from my sweet Mom are treasures indeed, cause you know, hers always tell me what an awesome daughter I am. ;) My Aunt Anna Maye has been sending me beautiful cards since I was little girl! My son usually gives me a sweet and humorous card while my daughter presents me with a heartfelt tearjerker. Lol and *sniff sniff*. Romantic and funny cards from my sweet hunky hubby. I keep them all. I absolutely can not throw them away. I mean, can you blame me? Especially those precious birthday wishes scribbled with my grandbabies little hands. I will forever cherish those from my dear ole Dad. In the day of electronic birthday greetings (I love those too!), today's post is an ode to those of the old fashion variety. Keep those birthday cards coming!

*Inspiration for this cookie found here @ Marges8's Blog*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Make your favorite cut out cookie dough or you could use the recipe I've included below.
Place cookies on parchment lined baking sheet and chill for 15 minutes before baking.
Using a fondant roller and cookie cutter, cut out fondant pieces and lay them out on parchment paper.
Once cookies have cooled, attach fondant pieces with corn syrup.
Cut out pretty flower shapes.


Attach candy pieces to cookies and bees with a paintbrush dipped in corn syrup.
Ahhh...so pretty!

Time to make the bumble bees..
One of my favorite things..pink pearl dust.
Roll out black fondant and cut strips with a long sharp knife dusted with confectioner sugar.
Ain't he just bee-autiful!
Cut out green fondant circles with circle fondant cutter. For the pink "paper" strips, I used the rectangle cookie cutter and then using a sharp knife, I just cut off the size needed for each cookie.


Making bumble bee day cookie cards is a buzzy business!
Cinnamon Flavored Cut Out Cookie Dough
1 cup butter softened
1 1/2 cup sugar 
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon (optional)
Combine all dry ingredients in separate bowl.
Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla, mixing well. Gradually add flour mixture on low to combine. Gently knead the dough a little to fully incorporate any dry bits.
Chill dough. Roll out on surface lightly dusted with flour. Cut out cookies and place on parchment lined baking pan. Chill 15 minutes. Bake @ 375 for 7-9 minutes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks For Buzzing By Today!
Sign up today to receive emails and never miss a post.
Wishing You Sweet Day From
SUGARTOWN SWEETS!
Comments are always welcome.

10 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!! You had me crying from the beginning. I save ALL my cards too!! Some of my favorites are those from my mom...she's pretty amazing!! ;) This is one of my favorite creations of yours. Pure cuteness!! Stephie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww..thank you to my favorite daughter. Momma loves you too!

      Delete
  2. You did an AWESOME job Karen! I bet your mama looooved them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your sweet comment! She did. :o)

      Delete
  3. I love these! I need a pin it button! :) I don't know how to pin without one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty. I'm sure any mom would love these for her birthday.

    ReplyDelete